KRAMSK COMMUNE OFFICE
ul. Chopina 12
phone: +48/63/ 247 00 30
fax: +48/63/ 247 03 11
Mayor - Józef DROP
Chairman of the Town Council - Marek LIDZBIŃSKI
Kramsk was first mentioned in 1224. It used to be a village forming a part of the Konin County. After that Kramsk was separated within the individual lease. The leaseholder, Wojciech Kadzidłowski – Inowrocław castellan, was an heir of extensive properties in Kazimierz Biskupi, Gosławice – Licheń and Izbica Kujawska. He is also known as a founder of Kameduli Monastery in Bieniszew place in 1663 - zdjęcie Wojciecha Kadzidłowskiego After 1797, the village was privately-owned and in 1874 was bought out by the local peasants.
The old name Kramsko has its origin in the name Krąpinia (Krompina) - a brook that used to flow in the wide valley east of the village. In the 18th century, in its place a canal was excavated connecting Lubstowskie Lake with the Warta river - presently called the Grójecki Canal. In the year 1518, local St. Stanisław parish was included into the parish in Pyzdry as a benefice (salary) of Mansioners’s council in this place.
The oldest historical monument in Kramsk is the neo-baroque church, situated on a hill, and built in 1844. The church has a 17th century stoup, a crucifix from the 1st half of the 18th century and the copy of the painting "Deposition from the Cross" which was painted in the Peter Rubens's workshop in the 1st half of the 19th century.
First Polish abbot of Cistercians’ monastery in Ląd upon Warta came from Wysokie place. This is he, who was a representative of Zygmunt August King striving for inheritance of Bona, Queen of Poland and Great Princess of Bari. In this aim, there was established a regular connection between Kraków and Venice, considered as a beginning of Polish Post. In Bilczew place, there was discovered a great prehistoric graveyard.
The Kramsk Commune Local Government hosted the 4th Grand County Feat in 2003.
The commune economy is predominantly agricultural. Agricultural production is based on crops cultivation (mainly rye and cereals mixtures) and potatoes, pigs and cattle breeding. Commune has its traditions at the herbs cultivation. The total area of agricultural land is 8,8 thousand hectares, including about 3,8 thousand hectares of meadows and pastures.
There are also about 340 non-agricultural businesses employing over 500 people. Konin Lignite Mine is starting the construction of a new Drzewce pit.